Thursday, August 2, 2007

GIMME A BUD BITCH!

I know I bitched about the Cadillac Ranch before, but I honestly had never been there (every thing I knew about it was secondhand. Well, a colleague insisted we meet for drinks there after work. After unsuccessfully trying to persuade her to go to Arnold's, she dragged me to this hellhole.

First of all, the decor is exactly like I had said before, redneck chic - they even have a mechanical bull. But it's basically a fake roadhouse-looking sports bar with the same old meat and potatoes unimaginative 'American' cuisine. It was packed and we were forced to stand - I can't believe how many morons, er, patrons were there on an average weekday at happy hour.

It was a really hot day and I thought a nice cool beer would help change my increasingly sour mood. Of course they ONLY have Bud Light on tap. Their selection of good bottled beer was incredibly scarce, but I managed to find one that was acceptable. After being bumped into more times than I can count, I could see my friend was annoyed with the Ranch and needed a change of scenery.

I downed my swill and forced my companion to chug hers, then we exited and after a short walk in the blazing heat I introduced her to the calm, friendly atmosphere of Arnold's bar. She had never been, but ended up checking out the menu and insisted we stay for dinner. So I blew off my prior plans and stayed to enjoy a wonderful dinner with my new Arnold's fan.

Friends don't let friends drink Bud Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment