Friday, August 24, 2007

Tarbell's Trip cut short

Apparently Jim's spontaneity cost him big this time. His run for school board was over almost before it began. It's a shame, because I think he could have brought some fresh perspective to the board, although what we really need are some hard core number crunchers to iron out CPS's budget issues.

Why did they start so late? Was this really a last-minute idea or poor planning? And for people so connected in politics how could they not come up with 300 valid sigs? What do you think of what's left of the candidates for the board?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This just sucks. I hate it when elected offices are uncontested (pretty much the case with three open seats and four candidates.) Jim would have been good for this.

I was wondering what the title of your post meant, and I immediately assumed you were going to write "Tarbells toll for thee."

Why? I don't know. It's hot. It's Friday. I need a martini.

CincyBlurg said...

UPDATE: Sorry. I spaced on the title originally. Fixed now, but I can't remember what my original title was going to be.

Post a Comment