Friday, August 10, 2007

Winners of Best Blog

So they picked the top two blogs:

(My opinion of the winners after the jump.)

Michelle's wine blog is actually a really good read, if you're interested in wine. For someone uneducated but eager to learn about wine like I am, it's nice to join Michelle in her personal journey. But my problem is, although she covers local wine events, it's not really a Cincy-centric blog. It's more a personal blog whose author happens to be in Cincinnati - if she lived anywhere else, the blog would be pretty much the same. She does cover local bars and restaurants somewhat, but it seems to be less of a focus and more of a footnote. I still congratulate her and encourage her to continue her stimulating writing. Her site has become one of my oft-read bookmarks.

Drew's blog is, however, a disappointing choice. I don't like the look of his site, aesthetically or in terms useability - frankly I find it hard to read, especially the italicized text. And I don't find his subject matter to be of particular importance to the city - at least not enough for best blog. I do however read it on occasion, and have found several interesting pieces of news or resources because of his blog. I'd probably be a lot more open to his site if I could read it without getting a headache or straining my eyes, but I still don't see it as one of the best.

1 Comments:

5chw4r7z said...

DesignCincinnati has one other fatal flaw as far as I'm concerned, its not updated enough.
Come on Cincy bloggers, once every 10 - 14 days is not acceptable!

Post a Comment